Location: Manchester, UK
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: From £30K
Closing Date: 20/09/21
Who We Are
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready To Wear, unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Based in the heart of Manchester, UK - experiencing huge global growth, we are now searching for the best talent in the industry as Team MERABI grows.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine Merabi is a self-taught seamstress, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. Partnered by Blue Wilson, an innovative International Business graduate, Nadine and Blue are trailblazers for the future of fashion.
From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, the team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest. Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make their mark at a fast-paced, luxury global fashion brand.
Where the Designer fits:
You’ll report directly to the Creative Director working within the Design Team and be responsible to develop product collections to hit commercial targets and growth plans for the business. You will need to get to the core of brand MERABI with a commercial understanding of our market and be responsible for the development of products and collections with a particular focus on Resort & Swimwear.
Due to the global nature of our brand, you’ll have to have a flexible approach to your working hour times.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Work closely with our Creative Director and within the design team, support the design of product collectionsfrom initial concept to finished product with a particular focus on Resort & Swimwear.
- Generate fresh ideas and create strong collections of high-quality product ranges throughout the year to our market to drive revenues.
- Research, identify and keep up to date with fashion trends with a strong commercial awareness always.
Manage budgets to hit targets working to tight deadlines.
- Analysing data on sales and returns with a commercial mindset always.
- Present trends, mood boards and ranges to the Creative Director and Design Team.
- Design commercial cohesive ranges in a rapid paced and energetic environment.
- Liaise with our factories to ensure ranges/styles are executed correctly.
- Produce accurate and detailed CAD drawings for sampling.
- Identify new product opportunities to support the growth and expansion of the business.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of fashion design experience in a womenswear role ideally with Resort & Swimwear experience
- A commercial eye for shapes, fabric, colour, prints and detail.
- Ability to create easy to understand tech packs for factories.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- The ability to manage multiple projects from concept to launch.
- Full knowledge of the manufacturing process and raw materials to develop samples and ranges effectively and to cost.
- Highly creative and organised individual with a flexible work ethic.
Experience of working with the Far East and European countrieswith strong negotiation skills.
- Confidence in range development with a strong ability to predict fashion trends.
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing processes.
- The ability to produce accurate and detailed spec working drawings.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent commercial awareness with the ability to recognise future trends.
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to make decisions under pressure.
- Experience in travelling to visit manufacturers.
Fluent in spoken and written English
Values & Behaviours
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run. We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- You generate positive energy and energise others.
- You are a problem solver, are always solution orientated with a can do attitude.
- You’re a grafter - no task is too big or small for you, you’ll get stuck in whatever you need to.
- You drive your projects forward with intensity and are committed to driving-results collaboratively, we bring ideas to life in weeks rather than months.
- You get, give and encourage candid feedback so we can get better at what we do.
- You interact with mutual respect, cooperative, caring and helpful behaviour.
You don't live in a world of good enough - you live in a world where we can do better and expect excellence from yourself and your teammates every day.
What’s in it for you
- Regular team socials
- Opportunity to travel with work
- Weekly free P.T and Meditation sessions
- Flexible working opportunity
- Generous staff discount on all MERABI products
- Dedicated days to furthering skills and personal development
- Work as a part of a unique and rapidly growing team
- Opportunity to make your mark in a globally known and expanding company
To apply - please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.