Location: Manchester, UK
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: From £25,000 PA
Closing Date: 21/12/21
Who We Are
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready To Wear, unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Based in the heart of Manchester, UK - experiencing huge global growth, we are now searching for the best talent in the industry as Team MERABI grows.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine Merabi is a self-taught seamstress, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. Partnered by Blue Wilson, an innovative International Business graduate, Nadine and Blue are trailblazers for the future of fashion.
From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, the team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest. Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make their mark at a fast-paced, luxury global fashion brand.
Where the Garment Technician Fits:
You will work within the Product and Design team and report directly to the Creative Director. You will be an important part in driving global sales for the brand through the focus on product quality, fit and analysis on new and current styles. From stock leaving the factory through to ensuring the product is hung to fulfill customer orders, you will own the full Garment Tech process.
You will be responsible for ensuring the top tier quality of products we design and develop is maintained during bulk. You need to be up to date with product launches and customer promises to prioritise each day in Garment Tech. You will be regularly updating and developing relevant sheets and processes to ensure KPIs are met and team members have visibility on the progress of all bulk shipments.
Your role plays a crucial part throughout the whole business and you'll work closely with every department.
Due to the global nature of our brand, you’ll have to have a flexible approach to your working hour times.
Roles & Responsibilities
- CAD checked with Design
- First Fits with Design/Pattern Cutter
- First Fit follow up/master sheet maintenance
- Remakes requested
- Remake Fits with Design/Pattern Cutter
- Style & Fit sealed as Photo shoot sample
- Bulk comments input onto Master sheet/typed up for factories ready for when Bulk orders are placed
- Merch to advise QC when all PO placed with factories
- PP requests to be made
- PP to be chased in
- PP to be fitted with wearer trials
- PP & Final Bulk comments to be sent to factories
- Bulk fabrics /swatches for approval to be signed off with design/merch
- Logistics packs for QC China & Warehouse to be created and sent
- Fit advice to be written for Website
- Merch/QC to visit Factories to do QC check on Fits/Fabric/Trims/Packing etc
- Shipment samples to be chased in with Merch
- Shipment samples to be fitted with wearer trials
- Inspection reports to be chased/checked with Merch and signed off for shipment
- QC check to be carried out at Warehouse with QC Team
- Returns/damages to be checked/re-processed and discussed with Merch
- limit fit days so it's not every week. We need a model in set twice a week and they do admin if not fitted this has to be organised.
- Measuring to be done by GT. All initial samples are to be logged through the GT so they know what every sample in the building is.
- Support with any additional tasks to fit with the needs of the business.
Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of the manufacturing process & raw materials and have a comprehensive understanding of production methods, manufacturing processes and garment construction.
- 3 years + in a Garment Tech role within Ladies Fashion
- Strong organisation skills.
- The ability to work under pressure to fast paced deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commercial and analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Confident in using Excel and Word.
Values & Behaviours
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run. We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- You generate positive energy and energise others.
- You are a problem solver, are always solution orientated with a can do attitude.
- You’re a grafter - no task is too big or small for you, you’ll get stuck in whatever you need to.
- You drive your projects forward with intensity and are committed to driving-results collaboratively, we bring ideas to life in weeks rather than months.
- You get, give and encourage candid feedback so we can get better at what we do.
- You interact with mutual respect, cooperative, caring and helpful behaviour.
- You don't live in a world of good enough - you live in a world where we can do better and expect excellence from yourself and your teammates every day.
What’s in it for you
- Regular team socials
- Opportunity to travel with work
- Weekly free P.T and Meditation sessions
- Flexible working opportunity
- Generous staff discount on all MERABI products
- Dedicated days to furthering skills and personal development
- Work as a part of a unique and rapidly growing team
- Opportunity to make your mark in a globally known and expanding company
*To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org *
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.