Role: People & Culture Advisor
Function: People & Culture
Reports to: People Partner
Location: Manchester Head Office
Compensation:Starting at £25,000 per annum
WHO WE ARE
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready to Wear, unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Celebrating details in statement design and empowering those who wear and create our products.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine is a self-taught seamstress, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, our team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest. Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world.
To help deliver this vision Nadine partnered with Blue Wilson, an international business graduate with over 10 years of experience building multi-million pound global DTC brands with a focus on eCommerce. Nadine and Blue have grown MERABI from £2m in revenues in 2020 to £16m in 2021 and they have ambitious objectives to delight millions of clients in the UK and internationally over the next decade.
NADINE MERABI’s objective is to grow to over £100m, profitably while retaining its market-beating client satisfaction by 2025. We believe this is possible by building a solid foundation for growth in our technology, insight, and operations and creating greater demand from significant investment in product and brand innovation, performance marketing, and most importantly, incredible people. This is where you come in!
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Reporting to the People Partner, the People Advisor will work as an integral part of the People and Culture Team through developing and maintaining influential relationships across the organisation, ensuring excellent HR support is given at all times.
This role is career-defining; allowing the right candidate to make their mark, learn while doing and work to propel NADINE MERABI into a trail-blazing, aspirational global fashion brand.
You will be an adaptable and resilient HR professional who can operate in a fast paced, high change environment. You will have strong interpersonal skills which engage and influence stakeholders at all levels, and have a commercial mindset to drive recommendations to the Leadership Team on all HR matters.
- Assist the People Partner in managing ER caseload across the business, including, absence, family leave, flexible working, performance management, grievance and disciplinary processes.
- Support our Leadership Team with advice and guidance throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Support the People Partner with effective recruitment solutions for the business to reduce time to hire, and support the Leadership Team in identifying top talent for their Organisation.
- In line with our People Strategy, assist the People Partner in driving forward culture and engagement activities across the business.
- Conduct New Starter Surveys and Exit Interviews to identify where we need to make improvements and recommendations.
- Provide the People Partner and Leadership Team with accurate reports using the HR system where required.
- Action onboarding and off-boarding processes across the organisation to ensure all relevant steps are actioned.
- Proactively manage and be responsible for all of the administrative processes, ensuring all relevant documentation is obtained and Colleague’s files are fully completed and compliant, in order to meet audit requirements.
- Administer all colleague data (accurately and on time) by utilising the internal HRIS.
- 2+ years HR experience, with proven track record in successfully dealing with employee relations issues, from basic performance related queries to other complex issues.
- Experience of end to end recruitment, including advertising, interviewing and selection.
- A sound knowledge of UK employment law and HR best practice.
- Proven ability to develop a good understanding of business issues and how to identify and deliver HR interventions and solutions to meet business needs.
- Experience of working with a HRIS system.
- CIPD Level 3 Qualified (or above) preferred.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Naturally confident with strong communication skills - both written and verbally.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Enjoys working within defined processes and procedures.
- A people person with the ability to build relationships and negotiate with ease.
- A polite manner and a client focussed approach to problem-solving.
- Independent but enjoy working in a team and have a flexible approach to working.
- Strong analytical and collaborative skills.
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Confident, assertive, and proactive, with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results.
OUR VALUES & BEHAVIOURS
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run.
We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- You generate positive energy and energise others.
- You are a problem solver, are always solution orientated with a can do attitude.
- You’re a grafter - no task is too big or small for you, you’ll get stuck in whatever you need to.
- You drive your projects forward with intensity and are committed to driving-results collaboratively, we bring ideas to life in weeks rather than months.
- You get, give and encourage candid feedback so we can get better at what we do.
- You interact with mutual respect, cooperative, caring and helpful behaviour.
- You don't live in a world of good enough - you live in a world where we can do better and expect excellence from yourself and your teammates every day.
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability, or age.
To apply - please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org