Hours: Full Time
Who We Are
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready To Wear, unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Based in the heart of Manchester, UK - experiencing huge global growth, we are now searching for the best talent in the industry as Team MERABI grows.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine Merabi is a self-taught seamstress, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. Partnered by Blue Wilson, an innovative International Business graduate, Nadine and Blue are trailblazers for the future of fashion.
From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, the team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest. Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make their mark at a fast-paced, luxury global fashion brand.
Where the Head of Operations fits:
The successful candidate will be responsible to lead all operations for our business including the warehouse and all fulfilment for all inbound and outbound shipments. Reporting into the MD and working closely with our Product & Design Team, you'll be responsible for managing the movement of goods from manufacturers and suppliers to our clients. You will be responsible to manage all documentation required for shipments globally and manage all invoicing for shipments.
- You’ll manage the full Logistics Team including the Warehouse Manager and all Logistic Coordinators and Execs. - - You’ll ensure the smooth running of all supply chain operations and support with all client shipping queries often working to really tight deadlines.
- You’ll also be responsible for building and managing relationships with couriers and suppliers, working to targets and budgets, constantly driving prices down inline to company forecasts and growth plans and managing the invoice and accounting processes for this.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all exports and imports are made in the most cost-effective and time efficient way - by both sea and air.
- Grow, train and develop the full operations team.
- Work to strict deadlines to coordinate our global imports and exports with end to end responsibility.
Build relationships with shipping partners, gather quotes and negotiate shipping prices and manage the invoice process.
- Coordinate all shipping documentation for customs and duties, globally.
- Resolve all delivery / customs / clearance / paperwork / missing in transit situations with carriers.
- Produce landing, clearance and delivery instructions ensuring the highest level of compliance always.
- Lead all supply chain integration for our eCommerce store.
- Work to targets and budgets set inline to company forecasts and growth plans.
- Support the Client Care team with all client care shipping queries.
- Lead all fulfilment reporting along with accounting and invoicing.
- Manage all warehouse operations including all inbound and outbound deliveries, quality control processes and stock checks.
- Maintain and manage the building and working environment.
- Manage the health and safety and fire safety requirements for the business.
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in a global logistics related role
- 5+ years of experience dealing with customs clearance declaration
- 5+ years experience managing a team of at least 5
- 5+ years managing courier accounts
- Demonstrates patience and ability to work though situations with problem solving skills
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Strong excel skills
- A people person who is great at building commercial relationships with excellent negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of international trade agreements, compliance, legislation
- A strategic and commercial mind-set with the ability to forward plan and find creative solutions.
- Highly organised with strong time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at once.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbally.
Values & Behaviours
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run. We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- You generate positive energy and energise others.
- You are a problem solver, are always solution orientated with a can do attitude.
- You’re a grafter - no task is too big or small for you, you’ll get stuck in whatever you need to.
- You drive your projects forward with intensity and are committed to driving-results collaboratively, we bring ideas to life in weeks rather than months.
- You get, give and encourage candid feedback so we can get better at what we do.
- You interact with mutual respect, cooperative, caring and helpful behaviour.
- You don't live in a world of good enough - you live in a world where we can do better and expect excellence from yourself and your teammates every day.
What’s in it for you
- Regular team socials
- Opportunity to travel with work
- Weekly free P.T and Meditation sessions
- Flexible working opportunity
- Generous staff discount on all MERABI products
- Dedicated days to furthering skills and personal development
- Work as a part of a unique and rapidly growing team
- Opportunity to make your mark in a globally known and expanding company
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.
To apply - please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com