Who we are
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready To Wear, treasured and unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Celebrating details in statement design and empowering those who wear and create our products.
More than ever, we believe that slow is chic; our collections are collectables made to be cherished. Which means refined drops, made with heart by hand, using the finest quality materials and exceptional craftsmanship to last and love for a lifetime.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine Merabi is a self-taught seamstress and businesswoman, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. Partnered by Blue Wilson, an innovative International Business graduate, Nadine and Blue are trailblazers for the future of fashion. Proving that not only can quality lines be fair and inclusive, but that their workspaces can also nurture healthy and empowering working cultures, which trickle down to the consumer who is, at every point, the muse of each piece that they create.
Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world. NADINE MERABI has flourished, with an enormous social following and massive global sales growth. From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, the team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest.
Where the Head of Design Fits
You’ll report directly into the Creative Director and Managing Director and be responsible for developing product collections to hit commercial targets and growth plans for the brand. You will need to get to the core of brand MERABI with a commercial understanding of our market and be responsible for managing the Product & Design team, driving global sales for the brand through the development of products and collections. You’ll support in both strategic and commercial decisions and support lead the brand creatively. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as the brand is experiencing strong global growth.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working closely with our Creative Director, lead the design of all product collections from initial concept to finished product.
- Generating fresh ideas and creating strong collections of high-quality product ranges throughout the year to our market to drive revenues.
- Managing budgets to hit targets working to tight deadlines.
- Keeping up to date with fashion trends with a strong commercial awareness always.
- Leading the product team and supporting the brand creatively.
- Establishing a strong, cohesive brand identity and expression in communication in product, photoshoots, marketing and packaging in the physical and digital world.
- Analysing data on sales and returns with a commercial mindset always.
- Recruit, train, develop, lead and motivate a team to ensure that the business and segment objectives are met.
- Researching and identifying key trends.
- Responsible for presenting trends, mood boards and ranges to the Creative Director and Managing Director.
- Design commercial cohesive ranges in a rapid paced and energetic environment.
- Liaise with our factories to ensure ranges/styles are executed correctly.
- Working with the product team to produce accurate and detailed CAD drawings for sampling.
- Identify new product opportunities to support the growth and expansion of the business.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of proven success at a senior level with a product / creative role in the fashion industry in womenswear.
- 10+ years of fashion design experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process and raw materials to develop samples and ranges effectively and to cost.
- Experience of working with the Far East and European countries including visiting suppliers.
- Confidence in range development with a strong ability to predict fashion trends.
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing processes.
- The ability to produce accurate and detailed spec working drawings suitable for manufacturers to understand.
- Highly creative with excellent commercial awareness with the ability to recognise future trends.
- The confidence and ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Strong experience in leading a product and creative team and the confidence to establish creative direction within a company.
- Excellent communication skills to provide clear direction and leadership on creative concepts visually and verbally.
- The ability to manage multiple projects from concept to launch.
Must have the right to work in the UK.
Values & Behaviours
- We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run. We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- You generate positive energy and energise others.
- You are a problem solver, are always solution orientated with a can do attitude.
- You’re a grafter - no task is too big or small for you, you’ll get stuck in whatever you need to.
- You drive your projects forward with intensity and are committed to driving-results collaboratively, we bring ideas to life in weeks rather than months.
- You get, give and encourage candid feedback so we can get better at what we do.
- You interact with mutual respect, cooperative, caring and helpful behaviour.
- You believe in two-way communication — you actively listen, seek clarity and connect with energy.
- You don't live in a world of good enough - you live in a world where we can do better and expect excellence from yourself and your teammates every day.
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.
To apply - please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org