Role: Garment Technician Admin
Function: Product & Design
Reports to: Senior Garment Technician
Location: Manchester Head Office
Compensation: up to £22,000K
WHO WE ARE
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready To Wear, unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Celebrating details in statement design and empowering those who wear and create our products.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine is a self-taught seamstress, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, our team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest. Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world.
To help deliver this vision Nadine partnered with Blue Wilson, an international business graduate with over 10 years of experience building multi-million pound global DTC brands with a focus on eCommerce. Nadine and Blue have grown MERABI from £2m in revenues in 2020 to £16m in 2021 and they have ambitious objectives to delight millions of clients in the UK and internationally over the next decade.
NADINE MERABI’s objective is to grow to over £100m, profitably while retaining its market-beating client satisfaction by 2025. We believe this is possible by building a solid foundation for growth in our technology, insight, and operations and creating greater demand from significant investment in product and brand innovation, performance marketing, and most importantly, incredible people. This is where you come in!
PURPOSE OF ROLE
This role is career-defining; allowing the right candidate to make their mark, learn while doing and work to propel NADINE MERABI into a trail-blazing, aspirational global fashion brand.
Reporting into the Senior Garment Technician you will assist the Garment Technicians with the fitting and development samples, and advise fit comments to our suppliers and factories overseas. You will assist the team in all aspects of Garment Technology, ensuring that requirements are met and maintained, to deliver outstanding garments to our Clients across the globe.
- Assist Garment Technologists with the resolution fit, quality and construction issues.
- Measure sealing samples consisting of first fits, second fits, pre-production, shipment and replen samples (as required) in line with critical path deadlines.
- Assist Garment Technologists to ensure the products are in line with expectations.
- Attend fit sessions, taking accurate notes and photos to aid in adding comments to the workbooks for each style.
- Assist with the approval of packaging and labelling details.
- Assist with returns information.
- Maintain an organised environment ensuring all samples are stored in their correct areas for ease of access.
- Assist in sending out test request forms and approving garment test reports, ensuring brand standards and quality are met.
- General admin duties.
- At least 1 year experience working within a fashion industry.
- Fashion/Production Degree (or working towards) preferable.
- Apparent knowledge of pattern cutting, grading and construction would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of pattern cutting and garment testing.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Naturally confident with strong communication skills - both written and verbally.
- Independent but enjoy working in a team and have a flexible approach to working.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and collaborative skills.
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Confident, assertive, and proactive, with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results
OUR VALUES & BEHAVIOURS
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run.
We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- You generate positive energy and energise others.
- You are a problem solver, are always solution orientated with a can do attitude.
- You’re a grafter - no task is too big or small for you, you’ll get stuck in whatever you need to.
- You drive your projects forward with intensity and are committed to driving-results collaboratively, we bring ideas to life in weeks rather than months.
- You get, give and encourage candid feedback so we can get better at what we do.
- You interact with mutual respect, cooperative, caring and helpful behaviour.
- You don't live in a world of good enough - you live in a world where we can do better and expect excellence from yourself and your teammates every day.
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.
To apply - please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org