Role: Brand Director
Responsibility: Ensuring that all relevant teams receive direction and support for the ongoing brand development and adherence to any guideline
Reports to: Co-Founders (Creative Director / Managing Director)
Location:Manchester Head Office
Compensation: Up to £100K
Our Background and your main purpose...
NADINE MERABI is luxury, ready-to-wear, unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Celebrating details in statement design and empowering those who wear and create our products.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine is a self-taught seamstress, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry. From the initial spark of inspiration to the very final stitch, our team ensures that every woman in MERABI looks and feels her finest. Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world.
To help deliver this vision Nadine partnered with Blue Wilson, an international business graduate with over 10 years of experience building multi-million pound global DTC brands with a focus on eCommerce. Nadine and Blue have grown MERABI from £2m in revenues in 2020 to £16m in 2021 and they have ambitious objectives to delight millions of clients in the UK and internationally over the next decade.
NADINE MERABI’s objective is to grow to over £100m, profitably while retaining its market-beating client satisfaction by 2025. We believe this is possible by building a solid foundation for growth in our technology, insight, and operations and creating greater demand from significant investment in product and brand innovation, performance marketing, and most importantly, incredible people. This is where you come in!
This role is career defining; allowing the right candidate to make their mark, learn while doing and work to propel NADINE MERABI into a trail-blazing, aspirational global fashion brand.
Acting as our ultimate brand custodian, you will be responsible for systemizing our visual language and tone of voice in close collaboration with the Creative and Managing Directors, leading our campaign, content creation, production & output, organic media and earned media (PR, creator, influencer) functions. , You will grow the overall value and equity in the MERABI brand, through managing an annual brand budget >£1.75m annually.
You’ll provide the vision and direction to maintain and grow NADINE MERABI’S status as a dynamic challenger brand around the world and ensure the successful long term strategic development of our brand, in line with the needs of our target audience and the long and short term commercial objectives of the business.
Brand Director’s remit is global in scope, ensuring that all design, development and implementation of brand development work – from content to collaborations (what we call Talent / Influencer / Creator), reflects the customer and commercial requirements of MERABI’s global makeup.
- Customer Insight Strategy: Monitor the evolving market conditions and brand health to ensure the long‐term financial and reputational success of the NADINE MERABI brand.
- Customer Brand Proposition Strategy: Develop and maintain a distinctive, differentiated and engaging customer brand proposition, including visual identity, tone of voice, product and service style that informs ‘what we do and how we do it’ across the entire customer journey. Brand development should reference beyond the occasion-wear industry and benchmark against other aspirational brands;
- Brand Standards /Specification Strategy: Use insight to evolve and periodically refresh the brand standards/specification.
- Product and Service Development Strategy: Develop product and service vision across the entire customer journey and prioritise in accordance with customer importance against current performance. You will act as the customer and obsess about every touch point.
- Continuous Product Improvement Strategy: Provide support and direction to Trading & Product teams as an integral part of the design, delivery and on‐going management against each vision ensuring the appropriate cost/quality level.
- Brand trademarks: Support Managing Director & Legal to ensure the NADINE MERABI brand is sufficiently protected at a global level.
- Consistency: Ensure the brand specification delivery is maintained and monitored throughout the customer journey, identifying any shortfalls, initiating corrective action where necessary and communicating updates to all key stakeholders at a global level.
- Measurement: Working with the Insight team, ensure the brand’s market performance and customer satisfaction is monitored against key criteria at a global level, and recommend action to correct shortfalls, sharing best practice with your team and stakeholders globally
- Communication Strategy: Liaising closely with the Marketing, Trading & Product Teams, evolve brand guidelines as necessary, provide brand direction to strategic campaigns and develop key brand messages to be incorporated into the integrated communications plan (both internal and external). However, be considerate to the requirements of these teams to ‘trade’ our brand and generate customer, turnover and profit growth.
- People and Culture: Work closely with People team to align brand and culture and provide guidelines and behavioural frameworks that enable our people to ‘live the brand’ and establish measures of success. Develop an environment for constant education and immersion in the evolution of the NADINE MERABI brand with peers across the business.
- Budget: be accountable for the Brand Campaign, Content, Organic & Earned budgets. Take into account the cost impact of all proposals and ensure cost efficiency of all brand activity on commercial objectives.
- Lead and develop the management of a campaign calendar that the Product, Brand, Marketing, Trading and Operations Function use to create and deploy activity that increases the awareness of our brand / products to our target audience.
- Define and implement success metrics for the team to track, analyse, and monitor monthly print press, digital & influencers coverage results, identifying key insights to optimise brand strategy
- Lead and build a Content Machine, creating and deploying images, video, copy, graphics that align to the campaign calendar and can be used across the business as required.
- Manage a team that will coordinate photo shoots with the ability to travel where needed
ORGANIC (SOCIAL) MEDIA
- The process / art of deploying our content in ‘FREE’ platforms that our target audience use, while increasing our reach, following and engagement.
- The process / art of leveraging 3rd party influence (ambassadors, influencers, PR) to engage our target audience, this may require an exchange of value/money to unlock (product gift/s, retainer £, commission on sales etc). We’ve broken this out into Talent (Gifting), Partnerships (Paid) and PR & Events.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven success in people leadership within Brand disciplines, with a track record of coaching & developing of a multi-disciplinary team including talent, brand and marketing professionals
- 8+ years of brand & marketing experience in an aspirational brand / company
- Experience working with Models & Talent, Photographers & Content Production teams
- A proven track record and clear vision on building Influencer Marketing and PR
- Experience within aspirational apparel and/or celebration products / services
- Experience in managing budgets and working with suppliers to ensure actionable results, on time, best cost
- Experience / working knowledge of a creative discipline (Photoshop, Photography, Video etc)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence at all levels
- Strong Commercial sense to ensure actionability of results and influencing successfully across locations.
- Ability to leverage/integrate existing data sets when information is available
- Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority and attention to detail
- Demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking in approaching new and innovative ways of executing
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to adapt well to change and multi-task
- Maintain a strong understanding of competitor activity and activity within the luxury fashion market.
Values and Behaviours:
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run.
We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- You generate positive energy and energise others.
- You are a problem solver, are always solution orientated with a can do attitude.
- You’re a grafter - no task is too big or small for you, you’ll get stuck in whatever you need to.
- You drive your projects forward with intensity and are committed to driving-results collaboratively, we bring ideas to life in weeks rather than months.
- You get, give and encourage candid feedback so we can get better at what we do.
- You interact with mutual respect, cooperative, caring and helpful behaviour.
- You don't live in a world of good enough - you live in a world where we can do better and expect excellence from yourself and your teammates every day.
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.
To apply - please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com